Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trekkies


Trekkies
Tuesday, August 26
Doors open at 7 pm
7:30 pm
Capital City Bar & Grill
Admission is free.

The voting is finished and after a late surge, Trekkies will be the August movie. I saw part of the film several years ago and I really liked what I saw. The film is about Star Trek fans. Not the average Star Trek fans but super Star Trek fans. These people live Star Trek. Star Trek fans are often the target of jokes and mockery but I believe this film was made so that average fans can say "See, at least I'm not that bad."

I have only seen one Star Trek movie in my life and I believe it was the 9th film. I have also never seen any of the television shows. I have always been interested in why there are so many die-hard fans out there so this does at least give some insight in to that culture. It is also timely to note that the Star Trek movie series is getting a re-boot next year. From what I read, it will be an origin story so I do plan on seeing the film and figuring out what it's all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will surely get all of the Illinois Times' favorite bloggers to put on pants and leave their mom's basement for an evening.